Adding a new car to your life can be exciting, but one of the first choices you need to make is whether you want to buy something brand new or used. There are pros and cons on both sides of the new vs. used cars debate, so here are a few things to consider.
- One of the biggest benefits to buying new is the obvious fact that it is new. You don’t have to worry about its previous owners or history.
- Buying new also ensures you get to take full advantage of its warranty, meaning you can enjoy years of relatively hassle-free vehicle maintenance.
- New cars will come with the latest technology features, helping your family stay connected on the go.
- If safety is a top concern, you can get all of the best advanced safety features in a new car.
- When it comes to buying a used car, there is no bigger benefit than the amount of money you will save. You get to skip out on the first few years of costly depreciation.
- Because used cars cost less, you can potentially get a lot more car for your money. Take your compact car-sized new car budget and put it towards a well-equipped used midsize vehicle.
- Overall vehicle durability is getting better each year, meaning used cars last a lot longer than they used to.
Whether you want a new or a used car, stop by Van Drunen Ford and we’ll help you find the right fit for you.
Welcome to Van Drunen Ford! Not only are we Chicagoland’s oldest Ford dealership, but we’re also Homewood’s oldest continuously operated family business. We were founded in 1930 by Morse Van Drunen, who opened the dealership’s first location on Dixie Highway in Homewood.
Even though times were tough in the early years due to the Great Depression, Morse persevered and was eventually able to establish the dealership as a successful business. Today, we’re still owned and operated by the Van Drunen family, with Morse’s grandchildren and great-grandchildren in charge at our current location on West 183rd Street.
Morse also established Van Drunen Ford as a pillar of the Homewood-Flossmoor community. Multiple generations of Chicagoland drivers have purchased cars from Van Drunen Ford thanks to the personal and community connections we’ve nurtured here over the years. We continue to honor that legacy today with our support of Homewood Little League and the Homewood-Flossmoor Soccer Club.
At Van Drunen Ford, we stock a diverse lineup of Ford cars, trucks, and SUVs. Whether you’re looking to buy, finance, or service a vehicle here, we pride ourselves on doing today exactly what Morse did all those years ago: run a trustworthy business that offers an inviting atmosphere, outstanding customer service, and high-quality new and used cars. Visit us to see for yourself.